Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SYURGA DIBAWAH TAPAK KAKI IBU MU..

Somebody sent me this to my email and found out it is very touching story. This is a story of a guy named Muhammad Abdullah or Smith who reverted to become a muslim.

He was originally from Chicago, and moved to Olympia about 17 years ago. Someone gave him a holy Qur’an, after which he came to me to ask many questions, leading to him becoming a Muslim. Since becoming a Muslim, I frequently saw him in the Masjid, especially during Talim and Fajr prayer.

In 1996 he came to me and told me that his mom was sick in Chicago. I asked if he was going to pay her a visit. Then he called his mother to let her know that he was coming to visit her. He was always wearing a white kufi since becoming a Muslim. When he arrived at his mother’s place, she opened the door and said, “Are you Smith?” He said, “No Mom, My name now is Muhammad Abdullah.” “Are you Muslim?” she asked.

He said, “Yes”.

Oh, she became very angry, and asked him why he followed a religion of terrorists, violence, etc. She gave him a lecture about how bad this religion was. Muhammad Abdullah understood that his mother had been brainwashed by the media. So, while he was staying with her for two weeks, he never talked about Islam. He simply showed her Islam through his actions. He cooked, cleaned the house, brought her medicine, and kept her company before she went to sleep. In general, he gave her a good and caring service, with kindness. When the time came for prayer, he asked for her permission and prayed near her.

“Smith, come here,” she said after two weeks. “Did you know that when you were young, your Dad used to bring you to the church? But the church never changed your lifestyle. When you were a teenager, you used to come home drunk, and called me names, and used to say bad words if you came home and you didn’t find any food,” she added. “But now you are really changed. You flew from Olympia to come here, crossing thousands of miles, while your sister and your brother, who live in this city, only sent me flowers and called me by phone. Besides, you always made me happy during these two weeks.”

Muhammad Abdullah said: “Mom, this is Islam. Do you know that after Allah SWT asks me to worship Him, He SWT immediately asks me to be kind to you? (17:23). And Prophet Muhammad Peace be Upon Him (PBUH) said that if I please Allah, and I did not please you, I won’t be able to enter Paradise. He PBUH said that the Paradise is under the feet of your mother.”

Then she said, “Smith! What do I have to do if I want to be like you?”

“Are you sure, Mom? You told me before that this is a terrorist religion,” Smith said.

His mother said, “Yes, I am sure, because it’s changed your life. It changed your personality and your behavior.”
Then she declared the shahadah, and Muhammad Abdullah extended his stay for another two weeks in order to teach her how to pray, and the basics about Islam.

In the same year, he went to Makkah for Hajj with me. And after three months of his return from Hajj, he told me that his mother passed away. I said to him, “InshaAllah by the mercy of Allah, and because of your efforts, she will be saved from the Hellfire and enter Jannah, amin. And now you can make do’a for her: ‘Rabigh firlee, wa liwaalidati, warhamha kama rabayatnee shoghira.” (O Lord, forgive me, and forgive my mother, as she brought me up when I was little.’”

His mother became a Muslimah because of the good actions and behavior of her son. May Allah put them together now in a beautiful place, amin.

Sumber:..arghhh, aku dah lupa..

0 comments:

Post a Comment